7.06.2006

a year in the life.

i recently had my one year anniversary at my job. i took a moment today to reflect on the events of my life during the past year.

started driving again
cut way back on the pot
fell in love
left foodservice
moved in with my family
ran my first 5k
had my heart broken, twice (same guy)
decided not to have kids
got promoted
developed a serious karaoke addiction
decided to become a writer
went broke
reconnected with old friends from high school
did my first musical in seven years
saw ani in concert
accidentally smoked crystal meth (oops)
realized i actually don't want to stay in lancaster forever

and the most significant development: chilled the fuck out! something snapped when i turned 25. i adopted the attitude that life is too short to worry and obsess over. men are too fickle to worry and obsess over. i've found more balance in doing things for the right reasons. i've learned to follow my heart and use my head as a filter, not vice versa.

what did you learn this year?

2 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

What a year, what a year. Have you looked into the concept of Saturn Return? It supposedly happens during your 25th year, when the planet Saturn returns to your birth sign and turns your life upside down.

Disclaimer: you already know I'm not a hippy dippy weirdo. This concept is intriguing enough to tempt any skeptic.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Bobulah said...

it does sound interesting. i might need to research this. thanks, troub!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home