9.12.2006

nobody knows the trouble i've seen.

my creative/political spirit received a few much needed bolts of electricity a few months ago.

we all meet new people every day. rarely, however--just a few times in our lives--do we get the opportunity to know an individual who inspires, opens our minds, and challenges us to be the very best version of ourselves.

i found a kindred spirit in a short, well-endowed redhead who goes by the all too appropriate name of trouble. as the weeks dripped by, she rapidly became one of my favorite people alive. i’ve learned plenty from her, and i’m sure i’ve taught her a few things as well.

a few days ago, she returned to her busy life in new york after a few months of hibernation in lancaster. she takes with her my respect, admiration, and lifelong friendship. i didn't get to say goodbye because, failing to realize that this weekend would be our last to grace the stage together at the lodge, i was busy prancing around lancaster and harrisburg with my gays like a drag queen on meth.

bad friend faux paus aside, you will surely find me in new york within a few months, hoping for a fix. i’m sure she's sitting in her apartment, reading this, thinking, “you are so full of shit,” but i mean everything i say here. if there were a god in the skies to thank for bringing her into my life, i would drop to my knees and never get up (there’s lots to do down there anyway…) she is my beach buddy, my bush-bashing partner in crime, and i’m sure, on some level, my nemesis. she is, in short, the shiznit, and i will miss her terribly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Bob! You make me cry with unabated joy and laugh like a hyaena on crack. I love you, too.

Bring your sweet ass up to New York and I'll show you how it's done big city style.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home