8.03.2006

updates and such.

i realized today that i've been blogging like a fiend lately, but i've drifted away from insights into the life of moi (as if anyone in the blogosphere cares). for my close, personal friends, however, here is what is going on in bobby's world:

1) i made the difficult decision to end my friendship with my ex, charlie, for now at least. we have plans to hit hersheypark tomorrow with his son, so we decided this would be the last time we see each other for a while. the idea of not talking to him every day and seeing him is about as pleasant as internal bleeding but, as i told him, it's not healthy for me to be his friend right now. when you love someone who used to love you and doesn't anymore (as unfathomable as that may be) you try to hold onto any shred of hope that his feelings will change. having, through him, confirmed that i am indeed not devoid of human emotion, and that i really can love someone in a real way (as opposed to the fairy tale love to which i once aspired), i'm aching to experience it with someone who feels the same way. knowing myself, this is the only way to move on. keeping up the friendship would be like picking a scab and wondering why the wound won't heal. that's a lot of blood references. quite fitting.

2) my new position at the newspaper is exhausting. i'm here six days a week, i'm getting little sleep, and i work weekends. but i'm making money and i feel like a grownup, both pluses. on the downside, i got in trouble for being three minutes late last week. i'm used to being in a private office with two other like-minded people, strolling in at 8:45 every morning to zero grief. plus, i miss the fish. one is named after me, mr. bobbles. he's mr. bubbles' twin brother. i don't think my plant, elliott, likes it here, either. i water him plenty, and he gets ample light--more so than before--but he's slowly drooping and turning brown and yellow. yesterday, he lost a leaf. in addition to the "change factor" there's a lot of math involved in my work (those of you who know me just groaned in sympathy). don't misunderstand, i enjoy my job. it's challenging, the people are nice, and i'm able to flex my brain in areas that i hadn't with previous positions. but i'm thinking: two years, tops.

3) my baby sister had her first gay bar experience tuesday. she joined kmoney, who was in lancaster during the week (a happening worthy of a parade), trouble and two of her friends, and charlie. of this momentous occasion, she remarked, "i like it here. i don't have to worry about guys hitting on me." a slow night for me, i replied, "apparently, neither do i." i did eventually get a phone number, and a really hot, albeit brief, makeout session in the bathroom towards the end of the evening (with the same person, dirty minds).

4) i've developed a mild case of insomnia. i sleep, but it's usually not until 2 or 3 a.m. i would cite my years in foodservice with its odd hours and late nights as the reason for my restlessness, but this is a more recent problem. in any case, i've discovered the remedy: 2 shots of nyquil. i'm skeptical of its healing powers in terms of illness, but it certainly cures consciousness.

ok, so there's not a lot going on. i'd better get back to writing about abortion and obnoxious game show contestants before someone dubs me "the new nyquil".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home